Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Outfit Post: Beach Babe

Happy 4th of July!!!

Today's outfit is not red, white and blue (gasp!).  And it's a picture of me in my bathing suit (second gasp!).  Well, sort of...I am accepting my mama curves these days, but not to the point that I'm comfortable for half naked photos for all the world to see!  That's why I love a good vintage coverup--I found this one just in time for our vacation:


 Outfit details: retro bathing suit (Walmart--I KNOW! Another gasp.), floral sarong-vintage, hair flower-Forever 21, bracelet-random 

We took these photos at Cacapon State Park--Aurora, Jayme, my mom and I all had on black or black and white bathing suits, so we got a great shot together.

The bathing suit is a 50s style, and the wrap is more of a 70s floral, but I think they work well together.  I actually did briefly remove my sarong to sit in the water--you know it's hot when I don't give a damn who sees my pasty, squishy white legs!

Hope you are enjoying a day off, cold drink in hand, thankful for your freedom. ;)

xo,
Amanda

P.S.  Wanna wrap yourself in a cute vintage coverup?  Here are some similar vintage sarongs from Valley of the Sun, Bad Cholla Vintage (a matching set!), gogo vintage, and Alicja Vintage.

2 comments:

  1. I love a sarong! They are an absolute must for my beach trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I need to find another one to match my other bathing suit!

      Thanks for stopping by the blog...so glad to have you in the Sponsor Swap this month. :)

      Have a great weekend!
      Amanda

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...