Thursday, May 31, 2012

Outfit Post: The Red, White and Blue

I am not typically one to color coordinate my clothes for holidays--and in the case of Memorial Day, it was purely coincidence that I had this outfit (in navy blue and white) plus red lips. We spent the long weekend in Pennsylvania, having a blast with the family, and this is what I wore to the little Memorial Day festival. It was sweltering.

 This is a pretty adventurous look for me--I mean, I've started working out again, but the solidity of my abs is questionable. Still, this little peek of skin with a high waisted skirt is great because it showcases the tiniest part of you. I felt totally comfortable and cool (in both manners of the word).I surprise myself to say this is one of my favorite outfit posts yet.

aaaaaa

aaaaa

aaaa

aaa

DSC_0882

Outfit details: sunglasses-vintage, tee-men's Hanes v-neck (awesome), skirt-vintage, sandals-vintage 

I had also done my hair in hot rollers for the first time in a long time, and it looked amazing as we left the house, but the heat and sweat and walking around caused it to deteriorate to this. And of course, it all went up in a ponytail later, once we got back to Virginia, which was even hotter.

What do you think?  Would you bare a little belly (even if your belly isn't a washboard)?


xo,
Amanda

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...