Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shop Preview: Babe-ing Suits

Aurora has gotten in the habit of combining two words she knows into one word, making for some pretty hilarious phrases. One of those is "babing suit" (babe + bathing suit).  In a quick thrift stop, I found
these three amazing suits this week, and in honor of my trip to the beach, they're coming to the shop ASAP!

1. 1960s Floral Maillot w/ Removeable Strap by Elisabeth Stewart (Size S)
2. 1980s Deadstock Floral Wrap Suit by Dippers (Size S/M)
3.  1960s High Waisted Bikini with Ties by Sirena (Size M)

The wrap bathing suit is really cool--I haven't seen a similar style before. The floral maillot really reminds me of something I've seen in the Anthropologie catalog. And the two piece is total 60s bombshell material.  I feel sad that I won't be wearing any of these at the beach!

But you can...

Oh, and there's one more suit coming to the shop, but it's a little smaller (size 12 months!)

Vintage Deadstock Minnie Mouse Bathing Suit (Size 12 Months)

Happy swimming!


xo,
Amanda



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! The 1960s Floral Maillot is amazing!!! What are the measurements? I'm not sure I can fit a 1960s small! We're going to the beach in a few weeks and I need a suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just measured last night (posting this afternoon, in case it works!) It has some give, of course, since it's spandex.

      (Measurements, laid flat, unstretched)
      Bust: 13 in.
      Waist: 11.5 in.
      Hips: 14.5 in.
      Length: 20 in. from top of suit to crotch

      xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...