Monday, March 11, 2013

Outfit Post: 13 Weeks

I just posted my 12 week rundown on Friday (but I was actually 12 weeks 5 days), so...here we are, FINALLY, at week 13! Second trimester, here I come!  The warm weather and fresh air have definitely been helping with my mood and sickness. We took the metro to the National Zoo on Saturday and did a lot of walking--I was tired, but felt good. Sunday was church/errand day, and this is what I wore:



 Outfit details:  cardigan-vintage, blouse-vintage, head scarf-vintage, 
brooch-vintage (gift from Q!), skirt-vintage, shoes-UO


I see a bump...do you? ;) 

I loved this outfit--I felt a little more like myself. I've been wearing maternity pants/sweats and t-shirts or big sweaters on the daily with my hair up in a top knot: not a whole lot of style going on.  I picked up this skirt this week, and it will be perfect for summer as well (yay, elastic waists!). Also, a great tip for those blouses that will no longer button over the belly:  tie them in a cute knot!

This weekend I felt a lot of stretching in the belly area, and a little jolt in my energy (and appetite) levels.  The baby is certainly growing! Here's what's going on lately:


The 13 Week Rundown
Baby Size:  A peach! (so sweet!)
Feeling: I have felt so much better the past 3 or 4 days, but I am not getting my hopes up too soon. I think the sunshine and exercise definitely had something to do with it.  I'm so ready for it to be SPRING every day!
Weight gain:  I'm holding steady at about -6/7 pounds since my first appointment at 6 weeks.
Cravings/Aversions:  Root beer floats, fresh fruit, baby carrots.
Preparations:  This weekend, I got in the "baby closet" and took out more things to look at, wash, etc. including my slings, nursing cover, burp cloths, blankies, etc.  I also got out all my newborn "neutral" clothes and shoes ( in case!) I am looking through everything so we can save for the things we really need.

This morning, Aurora had ballet class, and now we're off to a playdate. I am still feeling tired after losing that hour of sleep, so naptime is going to be naptime for me too! And then we have a little afternoon adventure of shoe and sticker shopping (and maybe an iced coffee for mama!).  Have a great Monday!

xo,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing those very same shoes on UO for ages! How do you find them - are they comfy? I have wide feet so it can be uncomfortable for me to wear heels for any length of time but these are so cute and the heel shape is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend! I got these at UO actually about a year ago...on clearance at the store (I had been eyeing them forever too!) I think they still carry the style online, but not in this color--they have them now with a slightly lower heel (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20995676&parentid=W_SHOES_HEELSWEDGES).

      My feet are on the wider side, and they are even a little wide for me, so I think they'd be comfy! xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jackie! :) I finally feel a little adorable.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...