Friday, October 26, 2012

Outfit Post: Mod Squad

I am definitely more of a 40s/50s girl than a 60s one when it comes to vintage fashion love.  I'm not huge into mod stuff--definitely no mini skirts in my closet, and I prefer more feminine shapes than boxy ones.  But I found this dress while thrifting (in the Halloween section, no less!), and I thought it was a great update on a mod black and white look, super-wearable for everyday--I can just mix up the cardigan or add a belt or colorful tights!

This dress is very prim for me, so I spiced it up with some leopard print--my new favorite thrift find.

outfit details:  leopard cardigan-thrifted, dress-Isaac Mizrahi for Target (thrifted), tights-random, heels-Modern Vintage (thrifted)

It's pretty amazing that an outfit that cost less than $20, head to toe, can make me feel like a million dollars. Of course, my perfected cateye and red lips helped bring out that inner bombshell too.  This would have been a great date night look, but it was actually just what wore to a choral concert with Q and Aurora.  Not too fancy, but an excuse to get dolled up!

It's FRIDAY!!! We are looking forward to a Halloween party in our neighborhood this weekend, with a family costume...so stay tuned for that on Monday!   Have a great weekend!

xo,
Amanda

7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Love! I am wearing a leopard cardigan today, too! Can I please borrow this dress?! That collar! I love it. I can't believe it was hidden in the crap that is the halloween section. Worth the dig, clearly, friend. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Leopard Ladies! And yes, you can borrow this dress too! I think it would look amazing on you with your long 5'11 legs! I think it might look better as a short dress, actually...

      Delete
  2. Isn't vintage/thrift shopping the best?! I don't know how many times I've worn an entire outfit that costs less than $20...and feeling all fabulous doing so! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely lady! That means a lot coming from your thrifty, stylish self. Hoping to do an "Outfits Under $25" link up/contest sometime soon!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. lovely! gosh, you score the best things, you do. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you so much...I have been getting lucky lately! I feel like the more I thrift, the better or "luckier" I get! :)

      Thanks for stopping by the blog...have a great weekend! xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...