Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Outfit Post: Summer Romance

I am slowly becoming a "shorts person".  No, I don't love my legs, but I do love the comfort and practicality of shorts for summer.  And you know what?  Sometimes they can look just as dressed up as a breezy sundress.

I immediately fell in love when I saw this blouse from Sugarlips.  I am a sucker for an open back and the lightweight chiffon is perfect for a summer evening.  My first instinct was to pair it with skinny jeans, but I knew I'd probably break a sweat before I even got out the door, so I went ahead and left on my trusty old jean shorts (no really...they're old.  I got them 7 years ago).  To add even more romance to the look, I layered on some gold necklaces (the floral cameo one is currently for sale in the shop!) and instead of sandals, I slid into my new-to-me, pink woven flats.

Shakesperean Studies Blouse c/o Sugar Lips, denim shorts- American Eagle, necklaces- vintage (buy the floral cameo HERE), straw bag- vintage (also for sale HERE!), pink flats- vintage






My husband asked "you do know your bra is showing, right?".  Haha.  Yes, honey, the purple bra with the sheer white blouse was intentional.

xo,
Jayme


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the top + the bag is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this top (especially with the purple bra!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...