Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Celebrity Looks for Less: Plaids

celeb looks banner

I must admit, when plaid came back onto the fashion scene I was pretty excited about it.  Growing up in the 90's I had my fair share of plaid button up shirts (oversized, worn open, with a graphic tee underneath).  90's grunge forever.  But there are more sophisticated ways to sport plaid.  Here's a couple of ideas from celebrities, and some Miskabelle pieces to recreate their looks.

Sarah Jessica Parker
This is a lady-about-town sort of look.  Plaid, mid-length skirt, leather bag and a tucked in sweater.  Pair it with some fun heels to modernize the look.

Katie Holmes
This look is almost a parred down version of 1990's styled plaid.  A plaid button up shirt (knotted at the waist, rather than worn loose and sloppy) and a flouncy skirt.  Paired with unexpected little booties.

All the Miskabelle pieces are currently for sale in the SHOP!  Though that plaid button up (by Diane Von Furstenberg!) is sort of speaking to me... better snatch it up quick, before I decide to keep it for myself!

xo
Jayme

1 comment:

  1. There are some good sides to being famous, like you can use that fame to get projects you might not normally get. One should take advantage of this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...