Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Look: Little Sweater + Full Skirt

As I've said in a few previous posts recently, I've really been embracing a much more retro style (40s/50s looks) than what I'm usually drawn to (70s bohemian stuff).  I find it's more flattering to my body shape and thereby makes me feel more confident.  One staple look of this wardrobe is a little sweater (to accentuate the womanly curves) paired with a high waisted, full skirt (to flatter the tiniest part of you).  It's a great look for any body type!  Pair it with pretty flats for day, and some killer heels or wedges for fancier events--like a date.

We have some really cute pieces in the shop--I took three sweaters and three skirts and paired them up.  Of course, since fashion is cyclical, these pieces range from the 1950s to the 1980s.  You'll see tons of full skirts popping up in modern spring and summer fashion too!  But probably not at such a fantastic price point, and obviously, not with the uniqueness of vintage. ;)


Shop The Looks

Does it get much better than a whole outfit for under $50?  
Definitely not, especially when no one else is going to be wearing it.  

I may try a sweater/skirt look for tomorrow's blog...it's been a while since I've done an outfit post!  Stay tuned.

xo,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Love it darling! Check my blog and tell me if you wanna follow each other! ;) Kisses from Romania!

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sets of outfits. The prices are not expensive either. They are reasonable for those design.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...