Thursday, January 19, 2012

Something Pretty

I have quite the collection of lightweight vintage scarves.  I can't help but snatch up a pretty (or quirky) print when it catches my eye at the thrift store and I was also recently passed down some extra pretty scarves from Andrew's late grandmother.  Mostly they just sit in a box along with all the other Miskabelle inventory.  Occasionally I'll post a few for sale in the shop.  And on a rare occasion I actually wear one (usually tied on my purse strap).


How fun is that dog print scarf??  It is fairly small and square and I had planned on using it as part of a table setting for Lyla's first birthday party (it was going to be "cats and dogs" theme).  


I love seeing the mishmash of different prints together--all equally pretty.  Maybe I need to make more of an effort to wear these scarves, perhaps my new 'signature' accessory this spring?
How do you utilize pretty vintage scarves?

xo
Jayme

2 comments:

  1. I love vintage scarves, but I never know quite how to wear them!
    I sometimes wear them as a headscarf... but it takes such a long time to get it looking just right!

    Ciara xx
    www.atrickleofmeaning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean! I feel like I always TRY the headscarf thing but by the time I get out the door it is falling off my head and I end up taking it off completely.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...