Friday, October 21, 2011

Outfit Post: Channeling Sabina

Sorry for the bit of quiet here on the blog. Jayme and family were in for a couple of days, and we've been working a lot at our *real* jobs.  Even the shop updating has been slow.  But next week we'll be back on the ball, promise.

I think that some people are hat people, and I am fortunate to be one of those people.  It doesn't mean I don't get a little shy (in fact, I opted out of wearing the hat part of this outfit to brunch, but it's a good thing because I may have lost it in the end), but I love hats and own quite a few of them.

Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being is in my top 5 favorite books list. For those who haven't read it, Sabina is one of the primary 4 characters and an artist--as well as many, many other things. The bowler hat (a common image on the cover of many editions of the book) plays a memorable role in one piece of the story and is a pretty powerful symbol...but this is a blog, not a graduate lit paper, so I will just suggest you put it on your reading list, and move on to the photos. (Thanks to Jayme, for taking these lovely shots!)
 
hat-vintage, jacket-thrifted, tank-Target, skirt-H&M, tights-random, scarf-old, booties-BC


 

We went for a brunch/coffee in Arlington and for a walk/shop, and this is what I wore (sans hat this time). I am not sure why I didn't wear the hat...I guess I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself?  Also, I was feeling a lot like Demi Lovato and worried the look was a little too "tween-star-post-rehab-comeback." I do plan on wearing the hat again, though...

I went in to my favorite consignment and had some store credit, so I got to make a few purchases--for free! Two girls complimented my outfit, as did the cashier, mistaking my jacket for something much more pricey that they'd been selling in the store a few weeks ago.  Bonus. I dress for myself (and of course, the blog), but I certainly do not mind receiving compliments.  I actually hadn't worn this nude H&M skirt since I got it in the spring because it felt too breezy without some tights under it.  But it's tights weather again, so out it came! I love nude + black together.

I took some photos of Jayme too, but you'll have to wait for next week to see hers. ;)  I'm ready to update the shop a little and begin my weekend!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...