Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Outfit Post: Summer's End

Hello everyone!  We had a fantastic weekend camping with the family, but after wearing the same jeans for three days in the row (and avoiding the community shower), I decided to get a little dolled up for the Labor Day holiday.  We spent the day doing a little thrifting (crazy 50% off day), grocery shopping, and dinner...and I really did indeed wear this.

My style is evolving...I have a vision of all the things I love and how they might come together. There are looks I love on other people that are just not me or don't fit my body the right way (making me feel less than confident).  I love girly and bohemian looks, but also rock and roll...so I'm taking cues from that (and a lot of back...since I'm buying and dressing on a budget, and everything black matches! ha.) to create my fall wardrobe and clean out items from my closet.  I also love that with a cap sleeve maxi dress in basic black/ivory, I can add color or cardigans/jackets/accessories and make it a totally different look.  To keep it simple, I added a vintage pendant and platform sandals.



dress-thrifted, horse pendant-vintage, sandals- MIA via 6pm.com

I loved this dress on the rack, but I knew it could look a little mom-ish.  Still, it fit into the categories of the things I love, and it makes me feel comfortable and confident.  And even though it's somewhat simple, it also has the great detail on the bodice (front and back). I'm a sucker for a good detail.

So excited to share new looks with you for the cooler months!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...