Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Vintage / Modern Pairings: Dresses + Shoes


I would definitely call myself a “boots” girl, but when summer comes around I like to let my feet breathe and turn to sandals or flats for my full time footwear.  I feel like the shoes can make or break the outfit…and sometimes that can be difficult, being a mom and having comfort as a necessity.  I love pulling out my favorite wedges or heels for date night, but most days you’ll find me in flats or flat sandals. 

It really is possible to look put together and “chic”, if you will, without resorting to heels.  I’ve put together a couple of pairings with dresses (and a romper) from the shop and flat shoes that work well and add oh-so-much style to the look.  Now, you know I love vintage, but I also love pairing modern with vintage.  So the dresses are all from decades past while the shoes are new.

Look 1:  Flirty in Plaid
A plaid, fifties sundress calls for some dainty shoes.  In this case, round toe flats.-- simple but cute.  These ones have a special little element of surprise with the gold panel on the back. 


Look 2:  Daring in Prints
This crazy printed romper is a little off-beat and I think the super short shorts are definitely in need of flat sandals to balance it out.  I love these crochet flip flops—they mimic the colors and also add another element of print.  A perfect look for boardwalk beach trips this summer.


Look 3:  Radiant in Red
A solid colored sundress is a great base for fun shoes.  And a shoe with a print (that includes that red accent) is a no-brainer.  These striped flats with a super flattering pointed toe are the perfect accent piece and add to the seventies flair of the dress.


There you have it!  Another thing to keep in mind:  if your shoes are comfortable, and so are you, it will show.  There is nothing worse than seeing a girl in a great outfit, hobbling around on high heel shoes that are totally killing her feet (and her overall look!).  And with options like these, I may not only forget about heels but I might even hold off on my trusty boots for a little longer.

xo
Jayme

1 comment:

  1. Really appreciable daily outfit by this blogger. Amazing colorful dresses,and shoes for women. I love so much in vintage women maxi dresses. To see the outfit my enthusiasm increases more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...