Monday, February 25, 2013

Outfit Post: 11 Weeks

So it's already here...the first "maternity" outfit post!  Yesterday was the first day in a long time I felt relatively good all day, and I actually got a little dressed up. I even wore heels instead of my daily Converse/slippers.  So I felt accomplished.  I may be showing JUST a little, at the right angle. This is what I wore to church...excuse the unfortunate morning light, which makes me look ghastly. My makeup was actually quite good too...but it's hard to tell. Anyway! Enough self-deprecating!




Details:  dress-thrifted (Target), cardigan-H&M, belt-vintage, tights-Target, boots-gift from Jayme

The 11 Week Rundown
Baby Size:  A little fig!
Feeling:  Still a little nauseous/bloated and tired.  Some days are better than others. And I'm an "evening sickness" person instead of a "morning sickness" person. Which is kind of better since I have Q around to help with Aurora so I can rest. Sleep is okay, but I am peeing at least 3 times a night, which is frustrating. I've also had a cold, which has made all of the symptoms worse.
Weight gain:  I've lost 3 or 4 pounds since my first dr. appointment, but it's all okay. I'm trying to only gain 20 pounds with this pregnancy (since I still have some Aurora baby weight). .
Cravings/Aversions:  Craving: Mostly salty and sour things:  pickles and olives, fries with vinegar, cucumbers...with vinegar, cheese, sour patch candies/jellybeans, and smoothies.  I have been eating mostly vegetarian, but not vegan. I don't feel guilty about this, and I won't defend it:  it is what it is. As I move into the second trimester and have no nausea to speak of, I plan on trying to eat as vegan as possible...and definitely eat a lot more veggies (lettuce texture, etc. makes me queasy! I have been trying to sneak veggies in other things like soups, etc.) Aversions:  I had my first (half) cup of coffee yesterday. I woke up a day or two after I found out I was pregnant, and was totally uninterested in coffee (my love!). It's probably better b/c I don't have to watch my caffeine intake!
Preparations:  I got a bunch of baby things out from under our stairs to see what we have and start thinking about what we might need. I started a little "registry" list, even though we most likely won't have a shower or anything. It's more for me to remember things.

Thanks for reading and sending us healthy, happy thoughts! :)

xo,
Amanda

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...