Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vintage Brand I Love: Jenni

I remember the day I decided to pop into a crappy little (overpriced) thrift store in the middle of winter out of boredom.  I discovered two gorgeous, summery pink and green finds (one a vintage Malia maxi dress--more on that in a later post) and the other, a bright printed sundress with a full skirt by the brand Jenni:

The dress fit Jayme like a dream (as you can see), but it was hard to imagine sundresses at that point, so we put it in the shop (and it went fast).

Fast forward two years later, and I'm on an Etsy hunt for a novelty print dress.  I find one adorned with cherries and I pull the trigger. The listing said "no brand' because the seller must have missed the tag, but when I received my pretty cherry dress, it was also Jenni brand!  I searched for more Jenni dresses online and found the prettiest tulip-printed with its original tags, in my size, for a steal. So I scooped it up too:


And now, every so often, I do a search for Jenni dresses on Etsy and eBay. They are well made and fit like a dream.  Most were made in the 1970s with a 1950s silhouette. There is often a built-in bra or soft cups (which I think should be mandatory in all strappy dresses because strapless bras are the devil when it's hot outside!!). The patterns and colors are bold and fun.

Here are a few favorite Jenni's on Etsy right now (I may scoop up that first one on payday--wouldn't it look great to complete my set?)
1.  White Fruit stripe dress, $29 via ModernSquareVintage /// 2.Khaki Dotted Dress, $45 via vintagerunway
3. Blue and Green Dot Sundress, $42 via NosillaVintage 4. Red and White Button dress, $38 also via NosillaVintage

Which Jenni dress is your favorite?

xo,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This brand is ADORABLE! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some of these on my next thrifting venture! They are also perfect for you and scream your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I saw this really great post today!Lily Boutique is an online boutique specializing in cute dresses, lace dresses, bridesmaid dresses, lace dresses, homecoming dresses. Grey Moto Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you able to find any history on the brand? I'm so curious. I found the strawberry one today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the day I decided to pop into a crappy little (overpriced) thrift store in the middle of winter out of boredom. I discovered two gorgeous, summery pink and green finds (one a vintage Malia maxi dress--more on that in a later post) and the other, a bright printed sundress with a full skirt by the brand Jenni:
    pakistani lawn stitched suits online
    pakistani designer stitched suits

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...