Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Outfit Post: Checkmate

I love bright colors, and neutrals in the brown family, but my go-to color is black.  Not just because it's slimming, but it's just classic and a little sexy and a little rock and roll. Black is my comfort zone, especially when I'm throwing something on to run errands, etc.  This is what I wore to hit up the party store, as we have two VERY big birthdays coming up in the next week!

jacket and top- Mossimo (thrifted), belt-vintage, jeans-Banana Republic (thrifted), lace up wedges-Charlotte Russe

I have been living in my thrifted black Banana Republic skinnies, and I found this buffalo plaid shirt at the thrift last week that has become a new wardrobe staple!  It's a warm winter here in VA, but you still need a jacket. I thrifted this green coat (it's like a big, soft sweatshirt AND the hood is removeable!) that will be great for spring too.

There are many dressy outfits in the works for birthday festivities and roadtrips, but this is a just a little peek at my day-to-day, work-at-home casual wear.

xo,
Amanda

P.S. Do you like our shed?  So rustic, am I right?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, especially the belt over the buffalo plaid. You look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. black is always my go to. i love color too, but i always go to black!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...