Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Outfit Post: Specs

I've worn glasses since I was in fourth grade.  I remember actually being excited when I first found out I needed them.  My first pair were bright blue, round, wire frames.  I will spare you the flashback photo.
By the time I hit middle school my excitement for my eyewear had turned to disdain.  I would beg for contacts at each yearly eye appointment.  I finally got them in 10th grade.  I felt like a new person.
I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've worn glasses in public since then.

But I have lusted over a pair of tortoise shell frames since I saw the pair Alicia Silverstone wore in True Crime.
Alicia Silverstone from the movie True Crime

That girl makes even glasses look sexy (not fair!).  I could never find a similar pair, but since the wayfarer style has become super popular the past couple years, I finally found some!  I even wore them in public once (to the grocery store) in the month that I've had them...haha.  Maybe someday I get over my glasses stigma.  Until then, here is photo evidence that I do, in fact, own a pair of glasses.




jacket-vintage (for sale in the shop now!), sweater-vintage, henley-Old Navy, belt-vintage, jeans- J.Brand, boots- Tommy Hilfiger, purse- vintage, glasses- Coastal Contacts 

Hmm.  I certainly am not rocking them as well as Alicia.   I guess I see why I don't often wear glasses in public!  Oh well.

xo
Jayme

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!? Are you crazy!? These look fantastic on you! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I guess I just still feel like that nerdy, insecure middle schooler when I wear glasses... haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...