Friday, July 2, 2010

Red, White and Cute

Well, living as close to the country's capital as I do, I'd be remiss not to write a 4th of July post.  There's something so classic about red, white, and blue in an outfit.  Though I prefer the French ingenue look (hey, their flag is the same color and Bastille Day is July 14th, so we're close, right?) to the All-American Girl overkill, I grouped some of our red, white and blue pieces into little looks for the big day.



We also had already styled a few pieces with the color-themed accessories--below are J, me, and our mama (who briefly modeled for us!  She's gorgeous--praying the good genes have been passed on!):


And even if you're not into the festivities (which, I, admittedly am not--other than the Monday holiday vacation--I don't even really like fireworks--gasp!), you can never go wrong with a bold red lip.  This is what I'll be wearing on the 4th for sure:

This new lipstick from DuWop is called Private Red.  Here's DuWop's description of the product,w hich I recently fell in love with, after looking high and low for just the right red:  "Private Red's proprietary formula includes a blend of three naturally derived pigments - annatto, hibiscus, and henna - and the technology behind the classic “mood lipsticks” of the seventies to provide a vibrant red shade that adapts to suit each individual's coloring." So cool, right?  It goes on creamy and it also stays on for a long time.  It's a little pricey, but worth it.

Looking forward to a weekend of sunshine, picnics, music, food, friends, fireworks (I guess), and of course, a little dressing up.  Enjoy the holiday, lovelies!

Stay gorgeous,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...