Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Everyday Vintage Mondays

Hello again, little darlings.  Monday is almost over here on the East Coast--I do realize that.  But it doesn't mean I wasn't inspired today!  In fact, I've been so overwhelmed with fashionable inspirations that nothing in my closet is appealing and all I want to do is SHOP.   However, take one look at how these ladies from Chictopia style their vintage and you'll see how you can take an everyday piece and make it fabulous with just a bit of creativity.  That's what I LOVE about this week's muses.

Haiku_Ambulance
There are so many different colors going on here: Yellow headwrap, light blue tee, black blazer, blue jeans, pink shoes, purple (mahogany bag?) and yet their muted tones strangely complement each other.  She adds the perfect, simple accessories (long necklace and geek glasses) and voila! Super street-chic.
MissOhioVintage
Classic dressing at its best.  These vintage high-waisted trousers (which, admittedly do NOT work on everyone--the unfortunately shortwaisted) look SMASHING on her, paired with a simple black top and a few bold bangles.
slanelle
Of course she's French--how else to explain such effortless chic (and the ability to pull off skinny, acid-washed jeans?!).  I love how the florals and the matching lace-up booties and tooled leather bag give a Bohemian feel to denim that might be otherwise clichedly-styled with a ripped up old concert tee.
classietrashie
I'm in love with knee socks, but my legs look like sausages (especially post-pregnancy) so I can only admire them on other people.  I like how she's layered the dress with a slip for an eclectic look, and another case of the matching leather accessories: shoes and belt.
poorlyfashioned
This gal is not "poorly fashioned" at all!  The high waist of the floral skirt makes the top a little more modest (though it's daringly sexy).  I love the unexpected pairing of a soft pastel floral with the dark top.  The multi-strand necklaces tie it all together, and to top it all off, she's rockin' the SIDEBRAID, one of my fave hairstyle trends of the season (if only my layers would grow out another inch or two...)
luluetty
THIS is how you style a poncho.  The little brown bag/belt is tres adorable!  And I like the combo of black jeans with brown leather accessories--there's something effortlessly chic about it.  The light denim shirt is a hot accessory this spring into summer, but I love how she's dressed it up for cooler temperatures!

Sigh.  Such dreamy vintage fashions.  This weekend, we went shopping in a new locale (shhhh...it's a secret) and found some totally amazing pieces!  We're excited to take some pics and post them tomorrow.  We are definitely VERY inspired by this week's looks! (A sneak peek, below, of one of the dresses coming your way--I'm getting back into model-mode as I lose the baby weight...plus-sized model mode (according to our culture's standards anyway), but I feel gorgeous all the same.  And, as many of you probably know (if you read celeb tabloid sites like I do!), Esquire voted size 10 Christina Hendricks (from Mad Men) the Sexiest Woman Alive right now. I think she's also one of the smartest.  I love this quote from her about how women view men's bodies (as opposed to how it seems they view ours):

"If we're in love with you, we love your body. Your potbelly, everything. Even if you're insecure about something, we love your body. You feel like you're not this or that? We love your body. We embrace everything. Because it's you."

So true. (Must give a sickly sweet-shout out to my honey because this makes me miss cuddling up with him--I love you, Q!)

Voluptuous is back!  Remind me why it ever left? Curve-accentuating vintage, comin' your way soon, lovelies.

Stay gorgeous,
A

(<----hot pink belted a-line shirt dress! in our shop TOMORROW!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, is there honestly anything hotter than Christina Hendricks eating watermelon… wow, I think I just decided I like watermelon THAT much more lol, she is honestly one of the hottest women in the world.
    N-o q-u-e-s-t-i-o-n-s a-s-k-e-d
    Just look at her eating up this watermelon and other sexy photos : http://www.lionsdenu.com/christina-headricks-eating-watermelon-gallery/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder so many vintage shops are opening up all over. Take Paris and London they are so busy selling beautiful things but they are all becoming so much more expensive.
    www.freddieoufi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you for making me the honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that I got picked as one of your vintage inspirations. And I'm also very happy I now found your blog :) Can't wait to see more of your inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, ditto ditto!! Thank you ladies, I too, am quite excited to visit your blog. That hot pink dress is like holy shit. I'm all over your etsy already!!

    And thank you for you kind words, it made me very very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great crop of vintagers to discover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all very chic ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great post - thanks for sharing these great new reads!!

    xx
    stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...