Thursday, August 21, 2014

Outfit Post: Baby on the Way!

So, I guess I failed to mention that I am expecting!  Yep, baby number two is set to arrive the first week of January 2015.  Being pregnant has made for a lazy summer, full of tank tops and leggings--lots of loose tops and elastic waistbands.  I had a really rough few weeks, being super nauseous and barely leaving the house, but now I've regained my energy and have been trying to enjoying what's left of summer.

We were excited to be approached by Vintage Maya, and have the opportunity to choose a piece from their website.  If you're not familiar with Vintage Maya, they offer both vintage inspired and modern designs in their carefully curated shop of home decor and women's accessories.  Their focus is "Beauty Love Artistry" and we love the fact that they use work from artisans and independent designers.

They have some pretty amazing things for the home-- from decorative pillows to glassware to bedding (how amazing are some of these duvet covers!?).  But I chose this gorgeous black and gold statement necklace-- a perfect excuse to get a little dressed up after months of yoga pants!  It is the perfect piece of flair for a little black dress.  This necklace has some weight to it--a sign of quality!  And I love the fact that it can be adjusted at the clasp to be worn a bit longer, or more as a choker, as I did here.  Add a messy up-do and some vintage rings and bangles and I was ready to take this 20 week baby bump out of hiding!






necklace: c/o Vintage Maya, dress: American Apparel, rings/bangles: vintage


Needless to say, I am over the moon about adding another little one to our family!  Today we find out the gender.  We'll be sure to keep you posted!

xo
Jayme


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...