Monday, September 16, 2013

Outfit Post: Milkmaid

On Saturday I turned 30.  I'm still not really sure how I feel about it.  I keep joking about how "old" I am, but really, I know it's not all that old. --insert the old adage about how "age is just a number" here--

This outfit was meant to be worn to a wine tasting and birthday dinner with friends, but in full disclosure, I ended up doing a quick change right before I left because I felt a little overdressed.  I figured it was still worth posting the photos here because this 50's sundress is currently for sale in the shop!  I don't think people can get a full grasp for how amazing it is, just seeing it on the dress form.


1950's plaid sundress: Miskabelle, crossbody purse: vintage, 
shoes: BCBG, necklace: gift from Amanda

It has pockets!! 

Lyla is always insistent on getting in on the photo-action.  And she definitely brings
 out my best smile, so I am happy to oblige.

I am usually unsure how I feel about myself in milkmaid braids, but on this day I was digging it.  You would think it would be a little "too much" with this dress, but somehow it worked...I think.

Hope you all had a great weekend!  Look for Amanda's post this week about her experience at the very first DC Flea event!

xo
Jayme

2 comments:

  1. This dress is beautiful, but two inches too small in the waist for me. Poopies. Looks great on you though! Your braids do look lovely so I don't know how you don't wear them more often in this way!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! I'm not gonna lie...that zipper was really struggling to go up the whole way on me! Otherwise I would be keeping it for myself. ; )

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...