Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's DIY x 2: Felt Hearts

When I first saw this easy craft on Pinterest, I knew I had to do it for Aurora for Valentine's Day...though I think, it might look equally cute on a grown lady (if you're of the cutesy, manic-pixie-dreamgirl persuasion). Plus, it's a great way to use up felt scraps you might have lying around.



Materials
Button-Up Shirt
Felt scraps, in your color choice (multicolor would be cute too--I might try a rainbow next!)
Scissors


Directions:
-Decide on the size of hearts you want, and cut out one for each button (except the very top).
-Fold each heart vertically and cut a tiny slit, big enough for a button to slip through, but not too big.
-Once you've cut all the slits, slip the hearts over the buttons. And you're done!



This second DIY is not one I saw on Pinterest--but I won't say I came up with it myself, since it just seems easy! Cutting the slits in the heart for the shirt got me thinking how easy it might be to turn those hearts into a little hair decoration--I made this one a little larger, though.



Materials
Felt scrap in desired color
Bobby pin
Scissors



 Directions:
- Cut heart out of felt (it might also be fun to layer colors--for more advanced crafters!
-This time, fold heart over horizontally and cut two small slits in the center. I cut right under the fullest point of the heart on each side, to make them even.
-Slide your bobby pin over and under so it's through the slits...and you're done! A sweet little hair clip in no time at all!
ALSO:  I just learned THIS about bobby pins...is your mind blown as much as mine?!

Could I have found a cuter, more photogenic model? I don't think so.

So, there you have it! Two adorable, no-sew, no-fuss, eco-friendly crafts to create a couple festive little pieces to wear on the Day of Love!

xo,
Amanda (& Aurora)

7 comments:

  1. Dang, her bangs are better than mine! What a little cutie! Love the DIY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did an involuntary "aw" when I saw that first picture. Love her sassy little poses.

    And the good news is - I have felt scraps!

    The bobbypin looks a lot like Cupid's arrow going through that heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even THINK of that (cupid + heart)...I bet a craftier person could take it one step further and make it into an arrow. I LOVE that idea!

      Delete
  3. This is soooo cute!!!

    zuleyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...