Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Outfit Post: All Dressed Up

My husband and I had seriously been anticipating going to his co-worker's wedding all summer.  You see, we don't get out very much and most of the time that we DO go on dates, it consists of a trip to the grocery store and a cup of coffee.  So we both got some new duds for the occasion--him, a suit and me, a dress.  I straightened my hair for the first time in months (and oh hey, the fact that my hair is like, three different colors and in dire need of a trim is a lot more noticeable when it's straight).  My dress was a new-to-me find at a consignment store on our trip to Vermont ($30 for a Free People dress?  Yes, please!).


Like a lot of my purchases, I LOVED the dress in the store and thought it was perfect for the wedding.  But when I got it home I started to get paranoid about the metallic tube-top portion.  I decided I needed some kind of cover up, at least for the ceremony.  But....a short sleeve cardigan is really hard to find!  I finally purchased this little lace top to make my own.  A simple cut down the middle and a buzz down the sewing machine to finish the hem and VOILA!


dress:  Free People, cardigan:  DIY, purse: vintage, shoes: BCBG, earrings: Forever21 (I think?)



We had a good time (maybe a little too good of time...especially considering we had a baby waiting for us at home).  It certainly was fun to wear a fancy dress, and to see my handsome man in his suit.

xo
Jayme

6 comments:

  1. Ummm, you guys look hot! I also love what you did with that top, though I love the "before" just as much as the "after." I probably wouldn't have had the heart to alter it. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! Yeah...I really liked the top before too...and I think I would wear it more as it was originally, rather than as a cardigan. I was sad to cut it!

      Delete
    2. It still looks really great though! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splitting it really worked well and looks lovely over the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I certainly was nervous I would totally ruin it... but I'm pleased it worked out!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...