Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Outfit Post: Cut Offs and an Old Shirt

I am all for re-purposing clothing from my own wardrobe--and I especially like projects that don't involve sewing.  So of course I have cut up many a pair of no-longer-loved jeans.  I have frayed jorts (J-ean shorts...if you're not up on the blogger lingo!),  ripped up jorts, knee-length cuffed jorts...all from old jeans.  This summer seems like one of the hottest that Pennsylvania has had in a while and while I'm missing wearing my good old jeans, I guess the cut off versions will do for now.


Top-Free People (from 4 or 5 years ago), saddle bag-vintage, 
necklace-vintage, shorts-American Eagle cut offs, wedges-Charlotte Russe




I love pairing my cut offs with dressier pieces.  This off-the-shoulder-top is from a few years back (a hand-me-down from Amanda!  Yes, I am lucky) but I've only worn it a handful of times.  A sparkly necklace, cocktail rings and some wedges and I'm ready to go out to dinner on a hot summer evening--wearing cut offs and an old shirt!

xo
Jayme

1 comment:

  1. That top is so pretty with the off-the-shoulder detailing! And I love you with the top knot. Despite watching tutorials, I still haven't mastered it for my hair. lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...