Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Outfit Post: My Go-To

No matter how adventurous one is in daily fashion/style choices, I think we all have that one go-to silhouette that always works in a pinch.  Being a classic pear-shape (smaller on top, curvier in the hips/bottom) I feel most comfortable in a fitted tank paired with a high waisted a-line skirt.
I wore this outfit to our local arts festival (on HOT July day); flat sandals for hitting the pavement all afternoon and pulled back hair (because bangs and humidity do not mix!).





tank top-Free People (prob circa 2001!), skirt- vintage, sandals- Dolce Vita

This skirt was once a skort--and a knee-length one, at that.  I find myself purchasing vintage pieces based solely on the fabric/print and then re-working them to something wearable.  I always have a pile of fixer-uppers laying on my sewing machine!
The shirt--a super old tank top that is short and wide, so I knotted it the back.

Pretty basic.  Totally in my comfort zone.  What's your go-to outfit?

xo
Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...