Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Outfit Post: Brown-y

Spring is so close I can taste it...the daffodils in our front yard have bloomed.  Some of the grass is actually going back to green.  And it's 7:00pm as I write this and still light out!

But there's still a chill in the air.  I have so many cute spring dresses and shoes that I want to wear, but I'm still not ready to bare my pasty white legs.  I decided to wear a spring-y outfit of a lightweight dress and peeptoe platform sandals today, adding tights and a sweater to stay warm.  Today was a day of errands: post office, coffee, dinner, groceries, office store.  And this is what I wore:

sweater coat-vintage, dress-Old Navy, tights-Target, belt-H&M (old), shoes- Blowfish via DSW
 I feel like I'm finally hitting my fashion stride:  I can tell an outfit is "right" if I'm comfortable in it immediately.  these new platforms are incredibly comfortable. I never thought of them with tights, but admittedly had some inspiration from Keiko Lynn wearing a similar pair.

I'll remix this outfit (dress and shoes) again when it's warm enough with a different belt and accessories. And painted toes!

Can't wait.

xo,
Amanda

5 comments:

  1. I love this look! The cardigan with the tights really balance out the dress. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Painted Toes! I can't wait till spring :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Allie Thank you--coming from someone as chic as yourself, I take that as a huge compliment!

    @Samantha YES! Just painted mine a pretty red the other night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I'm hitting my stride too, such a good feeling :)

    I love the shoes with tights. Great outfit for this time of year.

    ~Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Miranda! I'm hoping to bust out these sandals without tights for this weekend....supposed to be so warm in the DMV! YEAH! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...