Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Outfit Post: Blues and Grays

It's finally March! Like everyone else, the shortest month of the year felt like the longest (and I even partied my way through it).  Today there was sunshine, but it's still cold.

I got a little dressed up to run errands (post office, Starbucks) and get dinner with Q at our favorite pizza place (Ledo's), topped off by our weekly stop at Trader Joe's.  I looked cute and felt comfy. To me, that is the pinnacle of fashion as a mom.  I have to be able to slug a toddler, several packages, a purse, and my keys all at once.  I am the queen of heels, but some days, they're just not an option.  These boots have truly been a lifesaver this winter.





navy blazer-vintage, blue tee-BDG-thrifted, necklaces-random, skirt-Banana Republic-thrifted, tights-Target, boots UO


This is my absolute favorite blazer (I'm so glad it still fits me--and perfectly!) I think I paid $2 for it.  I think a navy blazer is a nice update from a black one for spring. A bit softer.  I wore a few different shades of gray on the bottom and two shades of blue on top, hence the title.  I like the brighter blue as a little pop of color to shades that are mostly neutrals.


I ate too much pizza, but it's all right:  I'm off to Zumba!  I'm keeping my curves because I'm growing to love them, but that doesn't mean I can't slim down a bit so I'm curvy in all the right places.  Q bought me the Zumba for PS3 (since I can't afford a gym membership right now) and I LOVE it!  It's so much fun that it definitely doesn't feel like a workout (except for the sweating and heavy breathing).  For once, I'm looking forward to ending my day with exercise!

xo,
Amanda

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...