Sunday, February 27, 2011

Outfit Post: Blown Away

If only I was less vain, you would be laughing out loud right now.  Today was that crazy, windy day on the East coast where a lot of trees and power lines went down.  Well, when I stepped outside to take some photos on our little back porch/patio, I almost went down too.  My facial expressions are pretty priceless (and now deleted from my computer).

I had to move to a corner of the porch more sheltered from the wild winds.  I wore this layered outfit to shop (thrifting and groceries) and for a little dinner party we had over here with a close friend and her husband:  lasagna, salad, and wine topped offf by coffee, double chocolate brownies, and electronic CatchPhrase, Bananagrams, and Euchre.  It was a fantastic Friday.



army jacket-UO, cardigan-vintage, tee-Old Navy (thrifted), skirt-NY&Co. (thrifted), tights-?, boots-vintage

I still look a little windblown, and in truth, I wore a big black scarf as I gallivanted around town.  I am also wearing really big coral-toned earrings that were a gift from Jayme for my birthday.  I love the color coral--it brings out the peachiness in my complexion and it's a great color for spring.  I thrifted this basic Old Navy tee the other day--what drew me to it besides the color was that is has not just a scoop front, but a scoop back.  I think showing a little back is sexy.  I can't wait until it's warm enough to do this! (Yes, my posts will probably continue to complain about the weather until there's nothing to complain about.)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

xo,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I love the green military jacket with the peach colored shirt, such a cute combination! And you look lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that army jacket! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...